Registration Requirements for Grades K - 5
When can my child start school?
If your child is five years old on or before September 1, 2015 they may register for Kindergarten.
If your child is six years old on or before September 1, 2015, they may register for the 1st Grade.
***There is one exception to this rule...if your child attended Kindergarten at an out of state private or public school, you must provide proof of the child’s satisfactory completion of Kindergarten, such as a report card, transcript or letter from the principal or director of the school.
When can I register my child?
Registration hours will be from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM The office is closed daily from 12 - 1:00 p.m.
What papers do I need to register my child for school?
NOTE: In order to process your child’s enrollment, ALL documents must be present at the time of registration.
*Valid Birth Certificate
* Proof of Residence (utility bill, cable bill, rent or lease agreement, or current tax receipt)
* Local telephone number(s)
* Contact Information for head of household and Two Emergency Contacts. These numbers must be kept current in an effort to ensure your child’s safety in case of an emergency.
* Child’s Social Security Card
* Health Report including a Physical Certificate (must be completed within 1 year prior to the first day of attendance in a Florida school)
* Immunization Shot Record that must indicate that the following minimum requirements have been met (must be original, faxed copies and/or copy of records NOT accepted):
- 5 doses DPT (Diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus) series of 3 plus 2 boosters
- 4 doses Polio vaccine (series of 2 plus 2 boosters)
- 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) administered after 12 months
- 3 Hepatitis B series vaccine
- 2 Varivax or year of disease (chicken pox)
* OR a medical exemption signed by a physician
* OR a religious exemption on HRS form 681 available at the Hillsborough County Health Department, 1105 East Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa
* Last report card
* Name, address, phone number and fax number of former school